The Czech Republic rests in the very heart of Europe. As such, Prague has become one of the most visited cities in the world. The Czech Republic is a country of short distances, with excellent road and railway connections to neighboring countries as well as an international airport. Prague represents a logical link between Western Europe and the new expanding Europe.
Prague (1.3 million)
CET / CEST
CZK (Czech Crown)
- Gross national income per capita: $24,370 PPP international
- Life expectancy at birth: 75 years man, 81 years women
- Probability of dying under five: 4 per 1000 live births
- Probability of dying between 15 and 60 years: 132 men, 60 women per 1000 inhabitants
- Total expenditure on health per capita (2011): $1,923
- Total expenditure on health (2011): 7.4% of GDP
- Physicians’ density: 3.71 physicians / 1,000 inhabitants
- Hospital bed density: 7 beds / 1,000 inhabitants
- Open clinical studies: 500+
Do you think Czech Republic may help you to meet your research goals?